Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: cscvs--experimental--1.1 nearing doneness; call for testers
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:00:12 -0700

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 04:15:24PM -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:

> Rik van Riel makes available (via ftp, http and rsync) the broken out
> changesets for the 2.4 and 2.5 trees.
> ftp://nl.linux.org/pub/linux/bk2patch/
> rsync://nl.linux.org/pub/linux/bk2patch/

These bk patches also have all the extra information in them, such as
renames, and the changelogs, even the logs for the individual changes
that when into it.

We could, conceivably, create an arch archive, or branch, for every
linux developer and mirror this history extensively.

Or, we could choose several key developers, and use them.  The Linux
commit approach is somewhat heirarchical, so various people receive
changesets from people, and combine them into other changesets that
Linus merges in.  It really isn't that different from a common model
Arch is used in.

I can't see how we would have problems (license wise) parsing these
files.

Dave