Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch hooks

From: Tobias C. Rittweiler
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch hooks
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 15:12:24 +0200

On Tuesday, September 30, 2003 at 12:35:51 PM,
    Erik de Castro Lopo <address@hidden> wrote:

>  2) Is it possible to have a per project hook file so that hooks
>     actually become part of the project? This would allow different
>     projects to do different things in the project specific hook.
>     If this per project hook becomes part of the project then things
>     like the above Python script [which checks C code against a number
>     of formatting requirements] can be shipped with the project so
>     that someone else working on the project can run the same hooks
>     when they commit, without having to modify the hook file in
>     their home directory.

Why it isn't not possible was answered already, but I just want to state
that a policy (if that's what you want) shouldn't be accomplished on
clients anyway (because they can easily cheat often).

Policy stuff is Yet Another Issue for the patch queue manager btw. ;-)

-- tcr (address@hidden)  ``Ho chresim'eidos uch ho poll'eidos sophos''