Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch hooks

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Arch hooks
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 15:44:45 +0100

On Sun, Oct 05, 2003 at 05:36:24PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
>     Andrew> I don't think anybody can handle "I want to be able to do
>     Andrew> Z using only what I already know".
>
> For infrastructure, of course you can.  Lots of projects do.

The result being that they don't offer you anything that you don't
already have. Yeah, I guess there are projects and even a few
corporations which do this.

> And at
> one point or another you've described every user-visible Debian
> infrastructure tool as something between "junk" and "evil", at least
> with respect to maintenance of the tool itself.  Isn't there something
> wrong with that picture?

Hardly *every* one, just some of the ones you happened to raise as
being problematic. They'll get better. Besides, what's wrong with
being evil?

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |