[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla get --hard-links available

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla get --hard-links available
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 08:02:43 +0200 (CEST)

On 2 Oct 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> How does this interact with pristine trees?  Ideally, revlib files,
> pristine trees, and the source tree, could _all_ share files via
> hardlinks (in the case of revlibs, of course, you can only do this when
> they're on the same filesystem).

You're right, we could also hardlink the pristine-tree, but I'm not sure
if pristine-trees are disappearing any time soon.

My plan now is to add support for spare revision libraries (it will be
ready today or tomorrow) so that you can avoid hundreds of revisions
stored backwards, if you decide so.

I think that hardlinking the pristine-tree will be almost trivial, so this
will be the next one. Afterwards, I'll open a discussion to see what we
really need to cahce as we seem to have too many similar ways.

Pau