[Gnu-arch-users] Re: is ,,patchset need in library revisions?

From: Pau Aliagas
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: is ,,patchset need in library revisions?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 23:24:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > From: Pau Aliagas <address@hidden>
>
>     > In all the revisions there's a ,,patchset directory. I'm not sure if
> it's
>     > of any use. The way I build the revisions using arch_replay_list doesnt
>     > leave behind any ,,patchet dir. In fact I think it's an error and that
> it
>     > should not be there.
>
>     > Am I right? Can I safely generate revisons without this information?
>
> I haven't looked at your code yet.   I assume that, in the case where
> I want a full revision library, your code would not leave the
> ,,patchset dir?
>
> That would be an error.  Browsers use it, for example.

For consecutive revisions, as now, it might have some meaning, but it's
still redundant.

For sparse revisions it has no meaning at all unless I calculated teh
patchset from the previous revision up to the built one.

> As a first (and perhaps final) pass -- it would be fine just to
> arch_get_patch to make it.

I should build a ,,patchset from patch-n to patch-m. I dont' think it's
worh it, that's something that sould not be there.

> The ,,index and ,,index-by-name files are important as well.

These ones are generated automatically by arch_replay_list.

Pau