[Gnu-arch-users] Re: is ,,patchset need in library revisions?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: is ,,patchset need in library revisions?
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:49:40 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Pau Aliagas <address@hidden>
    [,,patch-set in revlibs]

    > For consecutive revisions, as now, it might have some meaning, but it's
    > still redundant.

With the archive?  Yes, deliberately so.

    > For sparse revisions it has no meaning at all unless I calculated teh
    > patchset from the previous revision up to the built one.

Bzzt.   The ,,patch-set in revision X of the revlib should contain the
changeset (if any) associated with revision X --- not a summary from
the previous thing in the revlib.

    > I should build a ,,patchset from patch-n to patch-m. I dont' think it's
    > worh it, that's something that sould not be there.

No.   You should just stash the (uncompressed, untarred) changeset for
patch-m there.