Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: fixing and extending "selected commit"
Date: 03 Oct 2003 07:07:11 -0700

On Thu, 2003-10-02 at 19:45, Miles Bader wrote:
> > So how else could you do it?
>
> By modifying the changeset creation mechanism to have the notion of a
> `limit', and ignore files not inside it.  Simple and straight-forward
> (indeed, I'd think this was the _obvious_ way to do it...).

Only if you've been brain-damaged by CVS, IMO.

You've elided my suggestion.  I wonder what you thought about it.

As for your suggestion, it does not meet my criteria for a good commit
process for one simple reason:  you never get a look at the revision
that will end up in the archive before it gets there.  To me, that is
unacceptable.  Archive revisions are too important to guess at what they
might look like.  I want to see it before I "buy" it.

Bob