Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: Linus Torvalds <address@hidden> Re: log-buf-len dynamic
Date: 03 Oct 2003 08:58:48 -0700

On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:38, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 08:08:48AM -0700, Robert Anderson wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 08:03, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
> > > The metadata only makes sense when you've something like arch or
> > > bitkeeper doing something useful with it
> >
> > I'm not going to repeat for the Nth time why this is a patently false
> > statement.  You can look it up.
>
> well, I don't pretend everybody to agree on this matter

The point I raised is not a matter of opinion.

> After you will have patchsets armored you won't need to see the
> unique-id: garbage-garbage-deadbeef-deadbeef thingy anymore just to get
> the rename right, and most important you'll see the interesting patch
> inlined w/o wasting space.

Speaking of arch patchset formats (I can only assume that's what
"armored" is about) in the next breath only drives home the fact you
have missed the point entirely.

I haven't had much luck communicating with you, so I guess I'll let
others have a shot at it.

Bob