Re: "names tagging" was: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Debugging new user inducti

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: "names tagging" was: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Debugging new user induction
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:19:17 -0700

Robert Collins wrote:

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 14:53, Tupshin Harper wrote:
I agree with the notion that renames are rare enough that using tla commands is not intrusive.

'names' doesn't support renames any more than CVS does.

...if this attitude prevails, then name tagging (which is essential for some) will be treated as a second class citizen,

It *is* a third class citizen. I fail to see how it can be essential -
it's like saying 'CVS semantics are essential for some'.

Rob
Memo to self: don't post when too tired to remember the right terms.

s/names/explicit/ throughout my post.

-Tupshin