Re: [Gnu-arch-users] losing pristine trees? Slowdown for network archive

From: Paul Hedderly
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] losing pristine trees? Slowdown for network archives...
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:43:47 +0100

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 10:08:03AM -0700, Tom Lord wrote:

> The plan, such as it is, is to try to eliminate pristine trees, but
> some more hacking is needed before that can be done.

Ok I might have missed the plot... but won't this affect people doing
work with a remote archive? Ie make checkins/updates/etc orders of
magnitude slower?

Ok so one solution is to tell them to make a local branch... but that
does remove some of Arch's flexibility.

If I have got the wrong end of the stick, then forgive me, otherwise I
would definately like to see arch retain a choice to use 'local'
pristine trees OR archive revision libs - perhaps a default can be based
from the archive location method (local verses ftp/sftp/http).

--
Paul