[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Davide Libenzi
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 18:45:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 6 Oct 2003, Miles Bader wrote:

> Davide Libenzi <address@hidden> writes:
> > I'll ask you a question though. Why no one of production/commercial
> > SCM ever implemented the magic recognition feature?
>
> Because they didn't think of it.

Maybe, only a little bit maybe, they didn't address the problem because
there was no problem in the first place.

> BK, at least, despite having tons of features, seems rather conservative
> in many ways (despite Larry's blathering about being `years ahead of the
> cutting edge').  Arch is rather refreshing in the way it breaks out of
> the standard mold a bit.

You have to understand how to take Larry. Personally I believe he's funny.
If you make a step back, listening his:

"I am God"
"I was right next to Niels Armstrong when he walked on the moon"
"We tried and we failed, you will fail as a consequence"

claims can be pretty entartaining/funny. Because you and me perfectly know
that his claims are false ;)

- Davide