Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 22:28:39 -0500

>>>>> "Davide" == Davide Libenzi <address@hidden> writes:
Davide>
Davide> Why it is not in *any* known SCM, BK included ?

Because they didn't think of a simple way to do it.

You know, one of the main characteristics of a new idea is no one having
thought of it before.

For that matter if I were designing a *commerical* version control system,
I would have absolutely no reason to provide something that would provide
simple interoperations with a competitor.

(Once I saw Tom's idea about the embedded file-id, I had one of those "Why
 the fuck didn't *I* think of that!?" moments.)

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above