[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Tom Lord
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:13:25 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Miles Bader <address@hidden>

    > I think the point is not that it's not `nice,' just that it's less
    > `bleeding edge' than Larry likes to claim, at least in most areas
    > (my impression is that by far the most advanced thing about BK is its
    > distributed repository support, and that the rest is basically the sort
    > of polish that any good commercial product offers).

    > Of course, I haven't used BK either; I guess we're all arguing from the
    > same perspective at least.  :-)

LM gave boners to some of the stanford pansies that created the
incredible wreckage that is the contemporary silicon valley.  The
meant that he got pre-release buzz among check-signers, personal
access to potential check-signers, etc.

You can't win around here unless you can sell.  You can't sell unless
you have access.   You don't have access unless you're part of a small
clique.   There's maybe a hundred or two people around here that
"matter" and the rest of us are niggers.