Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-committer

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] expert needed: arch doesn't support multi-committer archives!
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:20:47 +0100

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 02:15:46AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 11:00:32AM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> > > login scripts are not run on sftp connections.
> >
> > That's a bug.
>
> no it isn't.
>
> login scripts are for shells, sftp is not a shell.

Login scripts are for setting up the environment. They are not
particularly associated with shells; many non-shell environments have
login scripts - SMB/CIFS is an example of a common one.

> > > besides that my method of stat'ing various directories and setting a
> > > umask to match those permissions is much more flexible.
> >
> > That's a solution in search of a problem.
>
> wrong.

Then demonstrate that it is the best or only solution to a given
problem. Start by accurately defining the problem and exploring the
space of possible solutions, then evaluate them.

It's fairly evident that you haven't done this, so what you have is a
solution in search of a problem.

[I will not bother to respond to further unfounded assertions from
you. Form an argument to justify them if you can].

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |