[Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: 07 Oct 2003 16:13:39 +0900

> I really can't explain why, but I've always detested Emacs (and now
> vim) variable setting, coding cookies, RCS ids (except as variable
> initializers), embedded changelogs, and similar cruft, while finding
> copyright notices, to do lists, and lisp-mnt conventions acceptable.

Embedded changelongs are evil because they're usually _really long_, and
so do significantly interfere with normal usage of the file (and for
some reason people often put them at the _front_ of the file...).

As for the rest, I'm not sure what to think other than `meh.'

-miles
--
"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
 you do it."  Mahatma Gandhi