Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus

From: Mark A. Flacy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Linus
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:55:47 -0500

>>>>> "Miles" == Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
Miles>
Miles> I seem to recall that there were objections to Eric's
Miles> implementation, as he used a separate `pre-hook' script for that
Miles> hook rather than just making a new `pre-commit' case handled by the
Miles> normal `hook' script (see the thread for the reasons why the latter
Miles> is better).  Did he update his patch in light of those comments?

That's absolutely false.  Look back in the list to see his patch.  Eric
used the existing hook framework.

The person making that accusation did so without bothering to look at the
code.

--
 Mark A. Flacy
 Any opinions expressed above are my own.  Any facts expressed above