Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: taglines vs explicit
Date: Sat, 04 Oct 2003 17:54:30 -0700

Miles Bader wrote:

Zack Brown <address@hidden> writes:
I think one of the main reasons people are so vehement about it, is because
the 'tagline' method can be confusing until the big payoff is discovered
(regular filesystem commands 'just work' etc). So there's always that sense
that if someone doesn't like tagline, it might be just because they didn't
understand it.

Actually my impression is that the reason why people are `advocating'
taglines so hard is simply in reaction to Andrea &al continually saying
they suck, are completely unjustified, etc.  If Andrea just said `I've
decided to use explicit,' that would be fine, but he's chosen to do a
lot more than that -- and much of what he's said on the issue seems
quite confused.

I'm glad the tagline vs. explicit dialogue finally is getting sane (hopefully on both sides).

-Tupshin