[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Gui for arch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Gui for arch
Date: 13 Oct 2003 05:42:01 +0900

address@hidden writes:
> I created 2 screenshots that deal with creating and fetching data from
> a repository.  And buttons to open additional windows that have no
> implementation just yet (but you can imagine what they are going to be for).
> I'll post one, since that fits nicely in the 40k max message size.

The GUI implied by the image you posted seems extremely ... ponderous.

Most people would probably rather have something that allows them to
quickly jump to what they want, and see an overview of what's there.
Basically the same sort of tree that abrowse outputs, perhaps with
little expand/collapse button do-hickies, and buttons to operate on
selected <things>.  I think `active abrowse' might be a good way to
think about it...

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."