Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Auto-generated source files

From: Thomas Zander
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Auto-generated source files
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 12:05:21 +0200

On Monday 13 October 2003 11:40, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:43:09AM +0200, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Is it possible to add multiple lines for the 'junk' target in the
> > {arch}/=tagging-method file ?
> > That would be the easiest solution; but something similar like
> > .cvsignore files would also be fine.
>
> could you adopt a naming convention where the generated source files
> start with a "," ?

No, java forces the name of the file to be equal to the class it holds.

> that would work.

A comma?  What happened to the leading dot unix standard?
Same with a + and a = which are really not unix standards? What is the
rationale in doing your best to avoid set standards?

> your other option is use the "untagged-source junk" directive in your
> =tagging-method file, that will cause tla to consider ALL untagged
> source files as junk, may or may not be what you want.
Hmm, not really..

> other then that convoluted regexp in your =tagging-method is the only
> remaining option i can think of.

Not something I can ask my collegues to do; they don't really want to do
regexps (I avoid them myself if I can).

Could you point me to the source file where this is handled?  I'll try to
fix this myself.  What are the odds of getting a good patch in the global
tree ?

--
Thomas Zander