[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-generated source files

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Auto-generated source files
Date: 14 Oct 2003 15:07:03 +0900

> Personally, working a lot with Emacs Lisp and Python, both of which
> like to compile to ${SRCNAME}c (and in Python's case, to ${SRCNAME}o
> as well) in the current directory, and with gnuplot (likes to produce
> .tex files), I find the "use a separate build directory or lose"
> policy a mild annoyance.

Luckily .elc files (&c) can be easily classified by name; generated .tex
files in the source dir are pretty much a pain in the ass no matter what
build/s.c. system you're using.  I suppose more context-specific regexps
would at least make such things a bit less painful (I mean per-dir
.arch-names files or whatever, to allow local extensions to the regexps in
{arch}/=tagging-method).

-Miles
--
A zen-buddhist walked into a pizza shop and
said, "Make me one with everything."