Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Retrieving per-file data from csets/revs

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Retrieving per-file data from csets/revs
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:27:53 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Samium Gromoff <address@hidden>

    > At Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:52:54 +0300,
    > Samium Gromoff wrote:

    > > For the reasons i pursue, it would be rather cool to have
    > > certain retrieval functions in tla, namely:

    > >         - tla cset-file-diff $FILENAME
    > >         - tla rev-file-diff $FILENAME

    > > So that i can easily see what have been changed in a particular file
    > > for a given revision/cset.

    > Let me re-iterate/re-express the point:

    > You have a 10M changeset in a remote archive accessible via
    > an 33.6kbaud modem.

    > And you want to see what was changed in one specific file, without
    > downloading the whole monster-delta.

    > How do you do that?

If your upstream source has decided to run one of the arch browsers,
you could use that.

Otherwise, you could either retrieve the changeset in isolation or
update your local mirror.   Or you could telnet out to some machine
with a faster net-link, and work there.

Life with a slow-modem does suck as I know quite well.