Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui

From: Yasushi Saito - at home
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla python gui
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:34:47 -0800

David Allouche wrote:

Hey! PyArch is the name of my project :-)

address@hidden/pyarch--ddaa--0.5
 http://ddaa.net/{archives}/2003b

Currently that is an experimental python module providing bindings with
TLA. It aims to be the standard python binding for Arch.

Ben Burns tree also has some test-suite work I have to merge:

address@hidden/pyarch--bburns--0.5
   /home/david/home/{archives}/address@hidden

Writing a GTK2 GUI front-end in Python was one of my todo items. I will
have a look at your software and see if I can modify it to use my
bindings.

Meanwhile, it would be good if we good resolve the name-clash issue.
I planned to call the GUI "pytlator" or "pyarchgui" or something like
that. It seems to me that the very obvious name pyarch (or python-arch)
should be used for the binding software.
In regard to the newly added logo, maybe the gui could be called
"octopy"?

No problem with changing the name. octopy sounds good (but I still don't see the link between octopus and arch...).

yaz