[Gnu-arch-users] GNU arch/tla

From: Colin Walters
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] GNU arch/tla
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:39:37 -0500

Hi,

Presently, there are three names for roughly the same thing, in
increasing order of specificity:

arch
GNU arch
tla

Yeah, "arch" really refers to the protocol, but given that the entity
referred to by the last two has really dominated the other
implementations (are any of them still alive?) it's not uncommon to say
"arch" but really mean "GNU arch/tla".

So this brings me to my point: what about more pervasively renaming
"tla" to "GNU arch"?  This would affect the tarballs, the web page, and
the command line; we could type say 'ga' instead of 'tla'.

Just floating an idea - I don't have a strong opinion myself.  If we
were going to do this though, it should definitely be done before the
1.1 release.