Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hierarchical SCM and CVS vs SVN vs arch (was Re: in

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hierarchical SCM and CVS vs SVN vs arch (was Re: in-tree pristines fatally ...)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:55:43 -0800

On Dec 5, 2003, at 9:42, Tom Lord wrote:

Could you both elaborate, for the record, as much as anything:
Mistaken that SVN has such an ability?
Mistaken CVS lacks it? [does cvs get -p abc.c > abc.c count as "easy
ability"?]
Mistaken that arch lacks it? [tla file-find is the get -p equivalent, IIRC]
Or a combination of the above?

Mistaken that arch lacks it.

I think the ``easily'' in the original messages distinguishes the possibility from direct support. undo is cool functionality in that it I can make a large number of changes around a tree and decide it was a waste and revert them all. That's something I can't do easily in perforce (but I can script it on the cases where I need it). I usually undo individual files, though.

file-revert has been extremely useful to me. Has there been any further thought on importing it into tla? It was originally rejected because of a build problem I've been unable to reproduce (I use arch on MacOS X, NetBSD, Linux, and Solaris from my tree), along with some coding standards issues I've fixed up. If there's a build problem, I'd like to know more about it. I've been keeping my tree up-to-date with the head of line changes (it's up to address@hidden/tla--devo--1.1--patch-249 right now).

I've seen mention of an undo with limits that might obsolete this functionality, but I've not seen that work.

--
Dustin Sallings