Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hierarchical SCM and CVS vs SVN vs arch (was Re: in

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Hierarchical SCM and CVS vs SVN vs arch (was Re: in-tree pristines fatally ...)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:43:54 -0800

On Dec 5, 2003, at 8:13, Samuel A. Falvo II wrote:

On Friday 05 December 2003 05:07 am, Andrew Suffield wrote:
On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 09:13:44AM +0000, Misha Dorman wrote:
What are the advantages/disadvantages of tla revert compared with
tla file-find abc.c > abc.c (apart from obvious [script-fixable]

According to my documentation, file-find merely prints the location of a
file.  It does not dump any particular *version* *of* *a* *file*.  So,
if I have abc.c from a patch-248 tree, and I want to go back to
patch-230 for *just* *that* *one* *file*, then I can't do it without
pulling patch-230 of the whole tree in a separate directory, and copying
over that one file.

It seems to suggest it will give you a path to a specific version (as does file-revert).

Or, I could do this, which I wasn't aware of . . .

The appropriate form would be tla file-diffs foo.c | patch -R

Does this work for going *back* in time as well as forward?

        This will not handle permission changes.  Will it handle deletions?

--
Dustin Sallings