Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs?

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs?
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 12:35:05 -0600

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 17:22, wave++ wrote:
> Yet again I've another project to migrate from cvs, but I want to
> preserve branches this time because the project used cvs's branching
> feature in a fancy way (much like how you use arch in fact):
>
>   - head -> (dead)
>     \-- split -> head -> (dead)
>                  \-- split -> head -> (dead)
>                               \-- split -> head -> (dead)
>                                            \-- [CVS got lost here]

Well, you can do this in cscvs, but you need call it multiple times
specifying the branch and merge points manually, as CVS doesn't store
enough information to reconstruct merge points automatically. Arch of
course is far more than capable of representing this structure (and
pretty much any other I can think of, though some work better with the
merge tools than others).