[Gnu-arch-users] arch and bookmark maintenance

Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] arch and bookmark maintenance
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 01:54:01 +0000

I searched my arch list back to 2002 but could not find reference to any one
trying to use arch as a means of managing bookmarks from multiple computers.
Let's say I use Mozilla Firebird on two computers, whose bookmarks export to
html files of a standard form. I can imagine using an arch archive to track
changes from one of those computers and push to a mirror and pull onto the
other, but this would be similar to exporting from one and importing to the
other, a one way deal.

However, if I want a local archive of the bookmarks on computer A, which I
then mirror to a server, then do the same with computer B, given the nature of
such html "bookmark" files, do you think arch would be effective at "merging"
changes from each machine's bookmarks into the other's, perhaps using the
simple "update" method? Would it be better if the browser exported to a format
such as XBEL?

Thank you for pondering this with me.

--
That's "angle" as in geometry.