Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: File-tpye plug-in architecture for Arch?
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:53:54 -0600

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 14:46, Tom Lord wrote:
>       % xml-diff A B | patch A | md5sum > ,x
>         % md5sum B > ,y
>         % cmp ,x ,y || echo bzzzzt -- this blows
>         bzzzzt -- this blows

So what's needed here is a tool to throw an XML document into a normal
form. Frankly, that doesn't strike me as a hard problem at all.

(Some of the *other* issues I can appreciate as severe -- but that's not
to say that I don't think that it would be a Bad Thing to let folks
point the shotgun at their foot and try using a generic XML merge tool
on a specific file or two inside their tree where they believe it likely
that such a tool will perform usefully).