[Gnu-arch-users] Re: humungous warnings about non-signed archives

From: Stig Brautaset
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: humungous warnings about non-signed archives
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:58:20 +0000

On Jan 03 2004, Miles wrote:
> Very annoying, since it's very common for these warnings to be repeated
> many times for a single command.  [See bottom of message for example]
>
> I realize that hopefully the default will soon be that all archives are
> signed, but ... there are probably still an awful lot of unsigned
> archives out there; perhaps a single `big' warning for a given unsigned
> archive, plus a single-line warning per unsigned revision would be enough?

I don't want a big warning either. I don't use encryption/signing, and I
don't want tla to remind me of this fact _ever_.

Let there be a way to query if the archive is signed or not, and shut up
about unsigned archives. Alternatively, can we have the option of
putting a =no-steenkin-sig-here flag one can set in =meta-info to make
tla inhibit the warnings. (Though I guess this is not a good solution
either.) Basically, I don't want to be forced to use a signed archive to
avoid these messages, and I don't want to downgrade tla either.

Stig

--
brautaset.org