Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Library not greedy enough?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Library not greedy enough?
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:09:42 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Aaron Bentley <address@hidden>

    > I'm having a problem using greedy libraries-- I'm getting pristines
instead.
    > I just reconfigured so I have two revlibs.  Before that, the greedy one
    > seemed to work.  I want two, so I can prune the greedy one aggressively.

Let's say that arch maybe wants to auto-add a revision to a greedy
library.

It looks at your library path and finds two libraries: one is greedy
but does not alreay have any revisions from the same version.  The
other is not greedy but does.

Arch concludes "Ok, revisions for this version go in the non-greedy
library.  Since it is non-greedy, I won't auto-add it.  I'll make a
pristine tree instead."

Please try adding a single revision from your version to the greedy
library by hand, and then retry.