[Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch params

From: James Blackwell
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch params
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:19:18 -0500

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 06:08:24PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> James Blackwell <address@hidden> writes:
> > Thus, I am of the opinion that tla should remain silent when good
> > signatures are encountered (traditionally, tools should remain silent
> > unless there is a problem).
>
> Me too, but is there actually a way to make gpg shut up about them?
> The --quiet flag doesn't have any effect in that case, and redirecting
> stderr for gpg seems like a not-very-good idea...

Off the hip here, but couldn't we take over stderr and silently squash the
result if we either A) Get a return code of 0 or B) are able to find "Good
Signature" in the output ?

> It would be nice if gpg had a `say nothing unless something's really
> wrong' mode (and presumably tla only cares about the exit status anyway).

Yeah. It might be better to send a patch upstream with an explanation of
why we want this.

--
James Blackwell      Using I.T. to bring more             570-407-0488
Owner, Inframix      business to your business     http://inframix.com