Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch params

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch params
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:10:05 -0800

On Jan 5, 2004, at 13:26, Thomas Zander wrote:

This is the classical security vs. usability. If you make it annoying enough
people will find some way to disable its security advantage.

This message should not be shown by default.

I disagree, it indicates that the integrity of the archive is unknown. I think having the ability to disable it per-archive might make sense (some sort of flag that's specified when registering an archive, perhaps).

The whole confusion here was my thinking that checksumming and signing where inseparable. Converting the archive to a signed archive is very little effort and gives me integrity guarantees.

--
Dustin Sallings