Re: [Gnu-arch-users] a decent-gnupatch detector (was: unsigned to signed

From: Ollivier Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] a decent-gnupatch detector (was: unsigned to signed archive conversion causing trouble?)
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 12:40:30 +0100

According to Jan Hudec:
> the end. IIRC FreeBSD uses original Lary Wall's patch, which does handle
> unified patches, except for the no-newline directive. Standart unix

The FreeBSD patch has been patched (:)) to deal with that a while ago,
before 4.6.

revision 1.18
date: 2002/04/26 19:01:19;  author: gad;  state: Exp;  lines: +65 -1
Modify our 'patch' utility to recognize the
   \ No newline at end of file
line that some versions of diff print out if the last line of the two files
are different, and one of the two files does not have a newline character
on that last line.

--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- address@hidden
Darwin snuadh.freenix.org Kernel Version 7.2.0: Thu Dec 11 16:20:23 PST 2003