Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:57:24 -0800

On Jan 9, 2004, at 21:46, Scott Bronson wrote:

Well, I wanted to know if it was possible to explode a
project into changesets, then re-integrate them back to
the way they were.

The answer is a resounding yes.  It appears to work great.
Although it wasn't as easy as I'd thought it would be.

Here are the scripts.  I'll let the copious comments
speak for themselves.

Disclaimer: this is a very non-arch thing to do.  Whatever
you want to do, there's almost certainly a better way of
doing it than using these scripts.

I did a similar non-arch-like thing after importing a bunch of my revisions from CVS. Since the dates didn't get updated correctly, I wanted to go through all of the patch logs and set the dates to the original check-in date. I did it in-place in a mirror, though. It was ugly, but my changelogs and stuff are accurate now. :)

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>