Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:45:30 -0500

Dustin Sallings wrote:

Disclaimer: this is a very non-arch thing to do.  Whatever
you want to do, there's almost certainly a better way of
doing it than using these scripts.

I did a similar non-arch-like thing after importing a bunch of my revisions from CVS. Since the dates didn't get updated correctly, I wanted to go through all of the patch logs and set the dates to the original check-in date. I did it in-place in a mirror, though. It was ugly, but my changelogs and stuff are accurate now. :)

You know, I'm not so sure that's a non-Arch thing. Isn't one of the design wins the fact that you can do more with your Arch repository than just the things tla can do? Obviously, we'd all rather not have to. . .

Aaron