Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done

From: Scott Bronson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla-lineage scripts are done
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:02:52 -0800

On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 12:45, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> >> Disclaimer: this is a very non-arch thing to do.  Whatever
> >> you want to do, there's almost certainly a better way of
> >> doing it than using these scripts.
> You know, I'm not so sure that's a non-Arch thing.  Isn't one of the
> design wins the fact that you can do more with your Arch repository than
> just the things tla can do?  Obviously, we'd all rather not have to. . .

I was just thinking that last night.  This technique might
be an easy way of exporting and importing tree fragments to/from
CVS / Subversion / etc.  So, I take the first half of that
statement back.

Of course, the

    mv {arch}/*/*/*/*/*/patch-* tmp-msg

line in tla-lineage-replay needs to be fixed before it's
used for anything but the most trivial merge.  :)

    - Scott