Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch (tla) build problem

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] arch (tla) build problem
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:47:05 -0500

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 06:25:26PM +0000, John J Lee wrote:
> How do I avoid this?  Is my GNU diff really broken?

Early versions of gnu diff have some different behavior than recent versions
in a way that runs afoul of the tests tla's scripts do.

In particular, old versions seem to only use the '\\ newline missing at end'
notation for a non-newline-terminated last line if that line was actually
changed; recent versions consistently use that notation even if the last
line is just part of the hunk context.

-Miles
--
Come now, if we were really planning to harm you, would we be waiting here,
 beside the path, in the very darkest part of the forest?