Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request

From: Oliver Crow
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Beginner help request
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 14:57:20 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Tom Lord wrote:

>     > These files violate naming conventions:
>
>     > ./.arch-ids/*.php.id
>
> The first question worth asking here is how you wound up with a file
> with that name.
>
> Do you really have a source file which you tried to 'tla add' called
> "*.php"?

No, I don't.

> If so: what were you thinking?  Yes, arch can be coerced into dealing
> with such a filename but, really -- don't act so surprised that it will
> take some work :-)
>
> (More likely, of course -- you just made some unix shell mistakes
> along the way.)

Ahh.  What I did was "tla add *.php" assuming that the shell would expand
*.php and I'd end up adding all my php source files in one directory with
a single command.  I couldn't find anything in the tutorial about adding
multiple files, and I have enough that manually doing a tla add on each
would be a pain.

So do I need something like 'for x in *.php; do tla add $x; done'?

How do I get rid of the '*.php.id'?

And still the original question - how do I get tla to ignore the files
that I don't want to include?

Thanks for the assistance,

Oliver