[Gnu-arch-users] A silly archive-registry thingy

From: Gergely Nagy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] A silly archive-registry thingy
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 18:28:53 +0100

Hi!

I've had a little free time, and since I was pondering some time about
implementing a kind of archive registry, I did it. For now, it contains
all the archives (with their original location if known) from
mirrors.sourcecontrol.net.

There are two ways to register an archive: go to the web interface[0],
or send a specially crafted mail to address@hidden

The mail's body should look something like:

Name: address@hidden
Location: http://example.org/~joe/{archives}/2004/

One can have any number of these in a mail, each of them will be registered.

Querying is via the web interface[0], or with tla-archive-locate[1]. One
can skip the HTML form by directly issuing a request to (for example):

http://bonehunter.rulez.org/~arch-registry/address@hidden

When time permits, I will work on the web interface a bit, and try to
improve the email interface too (like, it should send replies, should
support queries, deletion, etc).

--
Gergely Nagy

[0]: http://bonehunter.rulez.org/~arch-registry/
[1]: address@hidden/tlacontrib--algernon--1.2, as
soon as I push it. Then, I'll send a merge-request to James, if this
service is found to be usable.