Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:21:52 -0800

On Feb 5, 2004, at 1:11, Andrew Suffield wrote:

Anything over a second and you probably need to boost the tcp window
size anyway. But that's an unrelated problem; tla has a great many
wait-for-response states, which multiplies latency quite badly.

I wouldn't think anything like that would apply here. This was a the first commit in a new archive across my LAN, and a mirror of that single-patch archive. As far as I could tell, nearly all of the time was spent moving that single file.

--
Dustin Sallings