Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 10:57:17 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>

    >   I wouldn't think anything like that would apply here.  This was a the
    > first commit in a new archive across my LAN, and a mirror of that
    > single-patch archive.  As far as I could tell, nearly all of the time
    > was spent moving that single file.

FWIW, that single file transfer is entirely handled by libneon.
Perhaps we need to upgrade to a more recent version?   (I don't want
to do so just blindly -- it would be nice have some experimental
result that shows that will fix the problem and, better, an
explanation of why.)

It is a terribly odd behavior you've run into.