Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav

From: Fabio Ferrari
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] really, really slow commit / mirror with webdav
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 08:33:43 -0200

My problems were similar, but I don't know if it is related:
The reason for the slowdown in my situation was that my workplace (not the archives) were over NFS. I don't know what tla does, but it is really slow creating the temporary directories over NFS...
I solved my problem the way I described in:
http://wiki.gnuarch.org/moin.cgi/NfsWorkplaces

Fabio

Dustin Sallings escreveu:

I recently decided I should check in some of my gimp work, so I made a new archive and imported it...no problem.

Except it took nearly three hours to commit (WebDAV). I thought that might have had something to do with PUT inefficiencies or something, so I just let it run and then did an archive mirror (back to the local disk...I like my master on a machine that's on all the time).