[Gnu-arch-users] merging two projects

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] merging two projects
Date: 16 Feb 2004 13:14:11 -0500

Let's say I have a project named `emacs' and a smaller project named `url'
and I want to merge them by adding `url' into my `emacs' project.
More specifically all the files of `url' will appear under emacs/lisp/url.

Things I know I could do:
- copy only the files and lose the revision history.
- use configs so I can just put `url' as a subtree without atually merging
  the two projects.

but I would really much rather keep the thing as a single project (without
a config) especially since I might want later on to move some files out-of
and into emacs/lisp/url (and thus lose the clean separation between the
two).

How could I do that with Arch?

        Stefan