Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm
Date: 17 Feb 2004 10:23:30 -0500

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 09:47, Stefanie Tellex wrote:
> Hello,
>    Okay, I think I made a mirror of my archive.
>    It's located at http://www.fefie.com/arch/ .
>    The changes are in
> address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2  in patch-1 and
> patch-2.
>
>    That leads me to a question.  I tried to commit all my changes at
> once, but accidentally left some files out, so I had to commit a second
> time to fix it.  If you tried to grab patch-1 and not patch-2 it
> wouldn't build.  Is there some way to group patch-1 and patch-2 together
> to get around this?

Mostly, people just say "you'll need patch-1 and patch-2", but since you
asked:

One thing you can do is tag it: tag -S tla--devo--1.2--patch-2
tla--mergepoints--0

Then you can say "get it from tla--mergepoints--0--base-0".

See the bit about "snapshot" releases in the tutorial:
http://regexps.srparish.net/tutorial-tla/symbolic-tags.html#Symbolic_Tags

If you wanted just specific changes, (say, just patch-3 and patch-25)
you could do this:
tla tag -S tla--devo--1.2--base-0 tla--rm--0
tla get tla--rm--0 tlarm
cd tlarm
tla replay tla--devo--1.2--patch-3
[ resolve conflicts, make sure it builds, etc.]
tla replay tla--devo--1.2--patch-25
[ resolve conflicts, make sure it builds, etc.]
tla log-for-merge >> `tla make-log`
$EDITOR `tla make-log`
tla commit

Hope that's helpful.