Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] patch implementing tla rm
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 16:47:43 -0800 (PST)

    > From: Stefanie Tellex <address@hidden>

    >    Okay, I think I made a mirror of my archive.
    >    It's located at http://www.fefie.com/arch/ .
    >    The changes are in
    > address@hidden/tla--devo--1.2  in patch-1 and
    > patch-2.

Merged (pushed soonish).  Thanks.

    >    That leads me to a question.  I tried to commit all my changes at
    > once, but accidentally left some files out, so I had to commit a second
    > time to fix it.  If you tried to grab patch-1 and not patch-2 it
    > wouldn't build.  Is there some way to group patch-1 and patch-2 together
    > to get around this?

Well, often you needn't worry.

If they're grouped sequentially like that, and if you're following
star-topology practices, star-merge can nab them together simply
enough.   Replay --list is another option.

If you need to pull them out of some branch and group them -- the
easiest thing is to create a new branch, cherry-pick them into a
project tree, and commit as a group.