Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question on creating a config

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Question on creating a config
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 09:53:37 -0800

On Feb 23, 2004, at 9:17, Parker, Ron wrote:

I may be completely dim, but how to create a new multi-project config of my own seems to elude me, even after going through the tutorial. I understand the basics of what a config is, but not how to accomplish what I desire. I
guess I'm a config-newbie.

Basically what I want to do is create a config that will pull either "the
latest" hackerlab, or the version used by tla-1.2pre2, into a directory
structure along with another project I have in my local archive already.
Basically I want the local project to start using some of the hackerlab
library.

Take a look at the configs for tla itself (since it does this). You just need a file that looks like this:

./src/hackerlab         address@hidden/hackerlab--devo--1.0

(where ./src/hackerlab is the location you want the hackerlab sources relative to the top of the tree).

Then pass the path of that file to build-config. Periodically update that tree to track changes (I've got an update-config script I use).

--
Dustin Sallings