Re: [Gnu-arch-users] brain picking (web presense stuff)

From: Robert Anderson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] brain picking (web presense stuff)
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:34:42 -0500

--- Original Message ---
From: Tom Lord <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

>Wow.   That's a lot of replies.
>
>By way of a straw-man, when I'm currently thinking is to try to fill
>in all the links of this:
>
>    http://regexps.srparish.net/www/view.html

Frankly, I think you're wasting your time to spend too much on
content rather than presentation.  To me, what you related
sounded like (although it was a brief paraphrase) the classic
issue of perception of "professional company with an 800 support
number" vs. "bunch of hackers with a mailing list", and has
almost nothing to do with substance.

I think what was really needed there was a slick corporate
looking web page, with a professional logo that fades, made by
"branding experts", and a little picture of a smiling young
female wearing a headset in one corner, with a phone number under
her picture.

Maybe that's slightly over-the-top, but probably not by much.

Bob