Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Commit Failure

From: John F Meinel Jr
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Commit Failure
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:19:26 -0600

Well, I asked earlier, and I was able to break a lock. However, now neither tla lock-revision -u or -b work. There is no revision lock that I can tell, (there is nothing in the directory), and it just complains that it can't rename the file.

If I try no flag:
$ tla lock-revision doc-vip--dev--0.1--patch-3
It says:
lock-revision: error locking revision address@hidden/doc-vip--dev--0.1--patch-3 -- could not rename file.

If I try -b:
lock-revision: unkown lock state for address@hidden/doc-vip--dev--0.1--patch-3
  (lock was in transition -- consider retrying)

If I try -u:
lock-revision: error unlocking revision address@hidden/doc-vip--dev--0.1--patch-3 -- lock not held

So what do I try next?
It's possible that I messed this up at some time by trying to modify the directory manually. However, I don't _think_ I modified this dir.

John
=:->