[Gnu-arch-users] Re: may I pick your brains?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: may I pick your brains?
Date: 24 Feb 2004 10:41:58 +0900

Nathan Howell <address@hidden> writes:
> It seems to me that this could be pretty easily solved with an
> semi-automated mirroring system. Simply have developers register their
> personal archives on an internal web page (they shouldn't have many
> personal archives anyway, so this shouldn't be a burden, right?). Once
> an archive is registered, a pull-mirror is set up (by the script) on the
> central server and kept up to date automatically. Is that reasonable?

Quite.

Maybe the thing to do for the PHB-overview would be to combine the two
bullet points, appropriately, e.g.:

  * Easy creation of distributed archives; built-in mirroring
    facility allows archive contents to be exported or backed up.

or something.

[This whole discussion is starting to make me feel kind of dirty...]

-Miles