Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- downstream branches

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] feature plan -- downstream branches
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 18:12:03 -0400

Miles Bader wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 05:13:51PM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

In fact, is it a programmatic requirement to have it in the package-version?

Note the comment that branches containing `:' will be hidden in listings of
branches (abrowse, etc) unless otherwise instructed -- I thined this is a
very good feature, and it obviously is a lot simpler/cheaper to implement if
you can do it just by looking at the name... (looking at the patch-logs is
enormously expensive)

Looking at the patch-log for the latest revision isn't that expensive. (according to my reading, the variables would be copied from patchlog to patchlog.) Often less expensive than reading a .listing file. And there'd be other goodies in there, like the branch-description, that you'd likely want to see when [ar]browsing.

Aaron